Last updated on February 22, 2022
Douglas College is pleased to present the Dr. Guangwei Ouyang International Education Entrance Scholarships. The award program is aimed for the academic year 2022/2023. It is solely designed for foreign students that embark on any undergraduate or graduate degree study at Douglas. Students from all nationalities can apply for this award which is a value of $2,500.
Douglas College – About
Douglas College is ranked 84th best in all of Canada. It is the most enormous public degree-granting college institution in British Columbia with a motto to engage in what they love and be excellent at it. It envisages grooming resilient global citizens with the understanding and skills to acclimatize, invent and lead in an evolving world.
Why choose Douglas College? Douglas College motivated its students to do what they desire and be great at it by offering academic experiences that challenge and enlighten, and open doors to lives of passion and purpose. DC students treat one other with fairness and regard and model ethical behavior in academic, interpersonal and administrative practices.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2022
International Education Entrance Scholarships – Summary
- Awarding Institution: Douglas College
- Department: NA
- Study Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Award Value: $2,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Eligible Nationality: International
- Location: Canada
Eligibility for International Education Entrance Scholarships
To be eligible for International Education Entrance Scholarships, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Applicants from all nations are fit to apply.
- Eligible Courses: All undergraduate or graduate program.
- The candidates must have submitted application to Douglas College.
- The candidates must show substantial prior academic performance and engagement in their school, community and/or personal growth.
How to Apply for International Education Entrance Scholarships
To avail International Education Entrance Scholarships, please follow the guidelines below:
- Applicants are expected to utilize the student portal of the university to apply for admission.
- Then they fill a scholarship application form separately, and submit it here before the deadline closes to be considered.
- The entrants are expected to submit the following documents to the university:
- High school/college transcripts
- A valid passport
- Admission Prerequisites: Applicants must be at least 17 years of age or have a High school graduation certificate or a post-secondary graduation degree.
- Language: The entrants have to submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELT S – 7.0
- TOEFL IBT – 83
- PTE – 56
- Duolingo – 110
- CAEL – 60
Benefits of International Education Entrance Scholarships
Beneficiaries of International Education Entrance Scholarships will be offered the benefits below:
- The winners will be paid a sum of $2,500 to carry out the study of a program of their choice at Douglas College.
Note: the institution presently has two kinds of entrance scholarships available for Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters:
- Douglas International Education Regional Entrance Award: $1000 – 2000
- No different application is needed. Applicants will automatically be evaluated after application to the university, and will be informed of this award when an offer of admission has been sent.
- Accessible to scholars from: CIS nations (Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan), Europe, Middle East, Latin America, Africa, Southeast Asia and South Asia (Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal).
- To qualify, applicants must have applied to Douglas College by the official semester application closing date.
- Recipients who are successful typically have an above average GPA (B equivalent or higher) and valid English language proficiency test scores (i.e. IELTS 7.0 and above, or equivalent).
- Dr. Guangwei Ouyang International Education Entrance Scholarship: $2500
- Different application is necessary. Candidates have to complete the entrance scholarship form (PDF) by the deadline and email along with all necessary documents to Douglas International.
- To be selected, applicants must have already applied to Douglas College.
- Applicants are picked based on their prior academic performance and activities in their school, community and/or personal growth.
- Scholars from all nations are fit for these scholarship awards.
To inquire further about International Education Entrance Scholarships, please visit the official webpage.